alpha/75317: [ata] [busdma] ATA DMA broken on PCalpha

Idar Tollefsen idart at performancedesign.no
Mon Mar 26 22:32:00 UTC 2007

> On Monday 26 March 2007 04:36:44 pm Remko Lodder wrote:
>> Synopsis: [ata] [busdma] ATA DMA broken on PCalpha
>>
>> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
>> State-Changed-By: remko
>> State-Changed-When: Mon Mar 26 20:36:44 UTC 2007
>> State-Changed-Why:
>> alpha is no longer supported and time will not be invested to get things
>> fixed. Our apologies for our lack of attention for this issue.
>
> What the heck?!!! I just posted a patch to the list for this TODAY.  Please
> reopen this bug.  Alpha may not be in 7.0, but since 6.x is still a supported
> branch it is still a supported platform, and fixes that go into 6.x are still
> very welcome.

Yes, I sort of wondered what was going on. We get these reminders about
bug reports filed against FreeBSD/Alpha sent to us at freebsd-alpha@
once a month and when someone actually DOES something about it, the bug
is closed before the patch can tested and committed?

Please don't do that.

I for one appreciate the work and effort, John.

- Idar