alpha/75317: [ata] [busdma] ATA DMA broken on PCalpha

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Tue Mar 27 06:11:45 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 12:13:34AM +0200, Idar Tollefsen wrote:
> >On Monday 26 March 2007 04:36:44 pm Remko Lodder wrote:
> >>Synopsis: [ata] [busdma] ATA DMA broken on PCalpha
> >>
> >>State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> >>State-Changed-By: remko
> >>State-Changed-When: Mon Mar 26 20:36:44 UTC 2007
> >>State-Changed-Why:
> >>alpha is no longer supported and time will not be invested to get things
> >>fixed. Our apologies for our lack of attention for this issue.
> >
> >What the heck?!!! I just posted a patch to the list for this TODAY.
> >Please reopen this bug.  Alpha may not be in 7.0, but since 6.x is still a
> >supported branch it is still a supported platform, and fixes that go into
> >6.x are still very welcome.
>
> Yes, I sort of wondered what was going on. We get these reminders about
> bug reports filed against FreeBSD/Alpha sent to us at freebsd-alpha@
> once a month and when someone actually DOES something about it, the bug
> is closed before the patch can tested and committed?
>
> Please don't do that.
>
> I for one appreciate the work and effort, John.
>

> - Idar

Don't misunderstand me, I also appriciate the work of John and the other
committers; though most alpha PR's are stale and unlikely to get resolved
anytime soon (read:  never). I dont want to uphold something that isn't
going to get fixed, and yes that would mean stepping on some people's toes
from time to time, in that case we can actively do something about the
specific tickets while the others well just fade out.

Thanks for the feedback though, the ticket had been reopened and apologies
had been made in the ticket.

Cheers,
remko
--
Kind regards,

     Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
     FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

     /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */