Patches to get Arla running on FreeBSD 8-CURRENT

Ben Kaduk minimarmot at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 21:43:41 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 7:41 AM, Alec Kloss
<alec-keyword-arla.4d43de at setfilepointer.com> wrote:
> On 2008-07-16 00:52, Ben Kaduk wrote:
> [chop]
>>
>> Sorry to reply to such an old thread, but I see that there have been
>> recent contributions to the AFS page on the FreeBSD wiki (such
>> as testing on 7.0-release), but the port still hasn't made it into
>> the FreeBSD Ports Collection.  Is this in the works?  Is it merely lacking
>> for manpower?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ben Kaduk
>>

> No problem on the old thread...
>
> I was hoping there might be a Arla release to use instead of my
> homemade tarball that the arla-devel port is using for making an
> official PR.  There are also some stability issues with arla on
> FreeBSD which I haven't been able to track down successfully.
> And finally, arla no longer seems to compile against -CURRENT.  All
> of these things, plus a lack of time as you mention, have kept me
> from making a PR for a port.

I'm glad that you're still thinking about it, even if you don't have enough
time to do a whole lot with it.

If I was to try to get arla running on -current again, would you recommend
starting from your tarball or from a snapshot from upstream arla?

Thanks,

Ben Kaduk