Patches to get Arla running on FreeBSD 8-CURRENT

Alec Kloss alec-keyword-arla.4d43de at SetFilePointer.com
Wed Jul 16 12:08:00 UTC 2008

On 2008-07-16 00:52, Ben Kaduk wrote:
[chop]

> Sorry to reply to such an old thread, but I see that there have been
> recent contributions to the AFS page on the FreeBSD wiki (such
> as testing on 7.0-release), but the port still hasn't made it into
> the FreeBSD Ports Collection.  Is this in the works?  Is it merely lacking
> for manpower?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben Kaduk

No problem on the old thread...

I was hoping there might be a Arla release to use instead of my
homemade tarball that the arla-devel port is using for making an
official PR.  There are also some stability issues with arla on
FreeBSD which I haven't been able to track down successfully.
And finally, arla no longer seems to compile against -CURRENT.  All
of these things, plus a lack of time as you mention, have kept me
from making a PR for a port.

Robert, my -CURRENT box needs a power supply which is on it's way;
when I get it running, do you mind if I ask for some assistance
getting a newer arla snapshot going on -CURRENT?  Once that's
working I'll commit to writing up a PR to get the arla-devel port
(and openafs-devel too) committed.

Alec Kloss  alec at SetFilePointer.com   IM: angryspamhater at yahoo.com
PGP key at http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA241980E
"No Bunny!" -- Simon, from Frisky Dingo