Main site makeover

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Sat May 28 15:55:47 PDT 2005

On 2005-05-28 11:51, Fafa Hafiz Krantz <fteg at london.com> wrote:
>>> What happened to this?
>>> http://www.monkey.org/freebsd/archive/freebsd-advocacy/200412/ msg00080.html
>>>
>>> I don't know if these were generated from real HTML/CSS or just
>>> created in a graphics editor.
>>
>> Actually, I've seen a front page that Chris did (I think) that's got
>> the nice menu across the top and a really well designed front page.
>
> I just wanted to point out;
>
> There's *nothing* new about that design.
> It still follows the old principles.

It's ok.  Small incremental changes are easier to test and accept than a
full "throw it all away and use mine" style of update.

The site now uses CSS a lot more than before, AFAIK.  I'm not a web
design guru, but if someone came up with a style that looks like, say,
Wikipedia it would be interesting.

Any takers who want to try revamping the front page by using *only* CSS
style changes?