i386/135447: [i386] [request] Intel Core i7 and Nehalem-EP new features not supported

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Sun Sep 12 16:00:21 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR i386/135447; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, dk at garant.ru
Cc: Bruce Cran <brucec at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: i386/135447: [i386] [request] Intel Core i7 and Nehalem-EP new
 features not supported
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:52:14 +0300

 First of all, the PR was created improperly - sysctl -a output is in "Fix"
 section for some reason.  Please don't do that in the future.

 Second, it's impossible to tell if "C2 and C3 states should probably be
 available" unless we see acpidump -dt output and dmesg with ACPI debugging
 enabled (ACPI_PROCESSOR x ACPI_DB_INFO):
 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/acpi-debug.html

 P.S.
 That is, generally we expect to see C2 and C3 levels, but not universally.
 BIOS or BIOS configuration, motherboard peculiarities and OS supported features
 are among the thing that affect C2+ availability.

 --
 Andriy Gapon