Hang when booting with verbose ACPI debugging

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Sun Sep 12 19:13:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm running -current from a few days ago and decided to see if I could
figure out if I should be getting more Cx levels after enabling
C3/C6/C7 in the BIOS. However when setting:

debug.acpi.layer="ACPI_ALL_DRIVERS"
debug.acpi.level="ACPI_LV_ALL"

the system hangs at the Entropy harvesting line (I know those debug
settings are too much for debugging Cx support). It also hung when I
booted into single-user mode and tried to list the debug.acpi sysctls.
Although the system doesn't respond to keypresses, the system isn't
totally locked up: pressing the power button a couple of times triggers
the message that the system's not ready to switch into S5 mode.

--
Bruce Cran