[RFC] Patch to enable temperature ceiling in powerd

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at freebsd.org
Sun Feb 17 16:56:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

>>>>> On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:49:49 +0100
>>>>> Johannes Dieterich <dieterich.joh at googlemail.com> said:

dieterich.joh> # sysctl hw.acpi.verbose
dieterich.joh> hw.acpi.verbose: 1
dieterich.joh> but no information is written to /var/log/messages. I've tailed it
dieterich.joh> during buildworld and the only informations written there are from my
dieterich.joh> atheros card.

It's strange to me.  I wish to see the value of _TC1, _TC2 and _TSP
for tz1.  Could you apply the following diff and show me the output of
`sysctl hw.acpi.thermal.tz1'?

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/acpica/acpi_thermal.c.diff?r1=1.65;r2=1.66

dieterich.joh> Another question: Ian Smith asked here on the list why the fan levels in
dieterich.joh> acpi_ibm would not have not been implemented yet to 6.x. Since my
dieterich.joh> notebook started overheating when moving to 7, could that be a reason?
dieterich.joh> On my first mail to freebsd-stable I also quoted a case from the LKML
dieterich.joh> where someone with a X60s reported overheating and the problem was in
dieterich.joh> the fan levels of the (linux) acpi_ibm module, if I recall it correct.

Sorry but I don't know about acpi_ibm.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/