Video doesn't work after resume (Latitude D410)

Imobach González Sosa imobachgs at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 17:48:08 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm having problems when resuming my Dell Latitude D410 after suspend
(from S3). The machine is alive (I can access to it via ssh) but the
video doesn't work anymore. I've tried some solutions like [1] or
playing around with hw.acpi.reset_video, but I've had no luck.

I'm using FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-p2 but this problem isn't new for me.
I've got the same issue with 7.0-RELEASE-p0. I've not tested this
issue with FreeBSD 6.

I've attached the ASL because I don't have any server where I could
publish it. I've compressed it with gzip and only takes 14KB. Sorry
for the inconveniences. I've also attached the output from dmesg
(after booting with "-v" option).

Here's the output of "sysctl hw.acpi":

hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S3 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S3
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1
hw.acpi.s4bios: 1
hw.acpi.verbose: 1
hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot: 0
hw.acpi.handle_reboot: 0
hw.acpi.reset_video: 0
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
hw.acpi.acline: 1
hw.acpi.battery.life: 100
hw.acpi.battery.time: -1
hw.acpi.battery.state: 0
hw.acpi.battery.units: 2
hw.acpi.battery.info_expire: 5
hw.acpi.video.tv0.active: 0
hw.acpi.video.crt0.active: 0
hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active: 0
hw.acpi.video.ext0.active: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.min_runtime: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate: 10
hw.acpi.thermal.user_override: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 60.5C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.passive_cooling: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.thermal_flags: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._HOT: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 100.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx: -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

Any idea? Let me know if I can do something to help.

Thanks in advance.

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-acpi/2008-April/004804.html