Amilo Pa1538: 7.0-current. ACPI problem

Sebastien Chassot seba.bsd at sinux.net
Wed Oct 24 12:00:53 PDT 2007

Hi,

Le Mercredi 24 octobre 2007 à 21:20 +0400, Мигда А А a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have a big problem on my laptop Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pa1538 with
> FreeBSD-7.0-CURRENT-200710-amd64. System booting succesfully, but hang
> on pressing any key (on enter login). Sometimes system boot and work
> normally. Booting system whithout ACPI don't give good effect (system
> don't mount root). Key power work always.
> Thanks for any help.

I've posted for a quiet similar problem on an Amilo pa 2510
(http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-acpi/2007-October/004152.html ). In my case the system take few seconde to display keystroke (even login's username) and sometimes I have to switch between console to refresh the screen because nothing happens. Does your system really hang or does you have similar problem ?

In my case the notebook is a new model (the BIOS is recent) and I run
6.2 but 7.0 have same problem (I tried to install both). For both
install acpi-disabled work.

Sebastien