Amilo Pa1538: 7.0-current. ACPI problem

Мигда А А migda.a at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 11:57:56 PDT 2007

Andrew Pantyukhin пишет:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 09:20:58PM +0400, Мигда А А wrote:
>
>> I have a big problem on my laptop Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pa1538
>> with FreeBSD-7.0-CURRENT-200710-amd64. System booting
>> succesfully, but hang on pressing any key (on enter login).
>> Sometimes system boot and work normally.  Booting system
>> whithout ACPI don't give good effect (system don't mount root).
>> Key power work always.
>>

> First of all ensure your BIOS firmware is the latest one. Then
> try to play with any ACPI-related (or unrelated) options in BIOS.
>
> Good luck from my Amilo Pa1510 :-)

BIOS  firmware is latest (ver 1.1L). BIOS options only boot drive and
passwords.
On site of manufacturer writes:
current BIOS V. 1.1L:
Known errors, problems and restrictions:
- After rebooting the system there are three event log entries:
  IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot
3/2/4,
  function 0? This is not a bug.
  Please also refer to:
  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;930062