Asus_M2N-MX: on-board nic not found

Ion-Mihai IOnut Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 13 21:56:25 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a Asus M2N-MX motherboard (NVIDIA nForce 430)
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=343&model=1338&modelmenu=1

The bigest problem I'm having with it is the on-board nic, that ain't
detected at all ( as in doesn't appear in pciconf -vl from what I read
it should be supported by the nfe driver). It's running PC-BSD 1.3
world (6.1-RELEASE-p10) and a 6.2-RELEASE-p1kernel.

While acpi-dump'ing the folloing error appeared:
 acpidump: RSDT entry 3 (sig OEMB) is corrupt

The required debug information is at:
http://sce-tindy.tecnik93.com/FreeBSD/errors/Asus_M2N-MX/

As a note, the BIOS offers an option to use ACPI 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0; the
dump is with 2.0 (I didn't see any difference with any of them wrt the
nix problem, also tested with and without APIC).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BOFH excuse #210:
We didn't pay the Internet bill and it's been cut off.