link_elf: symbol AcpiDmDumpMethodInfo undefined

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Thu Mar 17 14:29:17 PST 2005

fandino wrote:
> Nate Lawson wrote:
>
>> fandino wrote:
>>

>>> I get this error when I compile 5.4-PRERELEASE with ACPI_DEBUG.
>>>
>>> Did I miss something?
>>
>> You need to recompile both kernel and modules with that option.
>
> apart from deleting /usr/obj/usr/src/sys followed of the typical
> "make kernel KERNCONF=xxx"
> what more do I need to do?
> because it's what I did and I'm getting the undefined error.

Actually, my response was not correct.  There is only one dependency
acpi.ko has on the kernel that changes with the ACPI_DEBUG option:
db_readline().  If you get an undefined symbol for that, you need
"options KDB" in your kernel.

I have no idea how you are getting AcpiDmDumpMethodInfo not defined.
That means you have somehow undefined ACPI_DISASSEMBLER.  The only thing
I can think that would lead to this is an incomplete cvsup or a weird
kernel config.  Blow away sys/dev/acpica and sys/contrib/dev/acpica and
cvsup again.

What are the contents of your KERNCONF?

--
Nate