acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR issue on Intel D923XCV Motherboard.

Mateusz Jędrasik imachine at toya.net.pl
Thu Feb 24 13:38:49 PST 2005

John Baldwin wrote:
> On Thursday 24 February 2005 05:30 am, Mateusz Jędrasik wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have a D925XCV Intel motherboard, with if_sk on it as a builtin
>>ethernet adapter. on bootup of 5.3-RELEASE i recieve some
>>acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR issues and errors /dmesg follows/.
>>
>>I tried changing pnp os on/off, updated my bios to the most recent
>>release, disabled all integrated devices but the ethernet, im pretty
>>much out of ideas now.
>>
>>If there is any suggestion on what i could perhaphs do, it would be more
>>than welcome, and I gladly would supply any debug information required
>>in the process of the eventual tracking down of the error.
>>
>>I will plug a pci card in there for now, but this is not quite the
>>solution i would be looking for. Also, I presume the audio card is not
>>supported yet? It's to be some realtek chipset, also integrated, afaik.
>

> Your network device just isn't supported yet:
>
> pcib3: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> at device 28.1 on pci0
> pci4: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib3
> pci4: <network, ethernet> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)

Afaik, it should come up as if_sk, its a Gigabit adapter on intel boards
from Marvell computing, model 88E8050.

http://intel.com/design/motherbd/cv/index.htm <- here's more
specification about the motherboard itself. I believe it could come up
as such due to the acpi issues beforehand.

Do bear in mind im with -RELEASE here, and stable has come a long way
from what i know, but i hadnt much luck booting one of the jp snapshots
cds, i will try and copy the kernel from it and booting into such a test
environment, however i dont have physical access to the machine for the
next few weeks :/