acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR issue on Intel D923XCV Motherboard.

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 24 09:42:24 PST 2005

On Thursday 24 February 2005 05:30 am, Mateusz Jędrasik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a D925XCV Intel motherboard, with if_sk on it as a builtin
> ethernet adapter. on bootup of 5.3-RELEASE i recieve some
> acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR issues and errors /dmesg follows/.
>
> I tried changing pnp os on/off, updated my bios to the most recent
> release, disabled all integrated devices but the ethernet, im pretty
> much out of ideas now.
>
> If there is any suggestion on what i could perhaphs do, it would be more
> than welcome, and I gladly would supply any debug information required
> in the process of the eventual tracking down of the error.
>
> I will plug a pci card in there for now, but this is not quite the
> solution i would be looking for. Also, I presume the audio card is not
> supported yet? It's to be some realtek chipset, also integrated, afaik.

Your network device just isn't supported yet:

pcib3: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> at device 28.1 on pci0
pci4: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib3
pci4: <network, ethernet> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)

It may be very trivial to add support for it.  Can you get the output of
'pciconf -lv' for the pci4:0:0 device?  Also, do you know if this network
adapter is supposed to be a 10/100 adapter or a 10/100/1000 (Gigabit)?