HEADSUP: cpufreq import complete, acpi_throttling changed

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Tue Feb 15 09:24:08 PST 2005

Jiawei Ye wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:34:17 -0800, Nate Lawson <nate at root.org> wrote:
>
>>>dev.cpu.0.freq_levels: 1818/-1 1590/-1 1363/-1 1136/-1 909/-1 681/-1
>>>454/-1 227/-1
>>
>>I don't know, what's your CPUs actual full speed clock rate?  Your
>>system only has throttling so the only way to get those levels is to
>>estimate the full speed rate and derive the rest from it.  I'm working
>>to make the estimate more correct in the future, but the current code
>>should be right +/- a few Mhz.
>>
>>--
>>Nate
>
> Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I was referring to the '-1'. It used
> to be 0 there.

Yeah, that was part of something I corrected and is right.  The power is
set to -1 which is "I don't know."  Without a base power to derive from,
there's no way to know how much each state saves you.  Once the Enhanced
SpeedStep driver is committed, you'll have more settings and also known
power values.  So it looks like your system is working just fine.

--
Nate