current powerstate and manually turn on/off?

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Mon Dec 13 12:08:13 PST 2004

Warner Losh wrote:
>>By using sysctl, I do know what's the current powerstate
>>of each device. I wounder is there any command or sysctl
>>that can manually turn device on or off?
>

> Not really, no.

I think this is something the drivers should handle and we don't need to
add user access to power states since it's probably the biggest way to
shoot yourself in the foot.  We already power down devices with no
driver attached and once drivers get smart about powering down devices
that are idle, this would cover all scenarios.

--
Nate