suspend/resume improved?

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Sun Dec 12 13:37:03 PST 2004

Nate Lawson wrote:
> Eric Anderson wrote:
>
>> I just tried this patch (my laptop is having similar responses) - no
>> change. I'm off to adding some manual debug code to the acpi source
>> files you mentioned in an earlier email.
>>
>> I can't seem to find Warner's beep code patch though - do you have a
>> pointer?
>

> I dug this out of Warner's p4 tree, as written by Takanori Watanabe
> (attached).  I'll commit this at some point under a kernel option so it
> can be enabled for testing.  For now, just use the patch.

Thanks - I'll play with this.  So far, what I've found is that my
machine reboots executing this line:

  Status = AcpiHwRegisterWrite (ACPI_MTX_DO_NOT_LOCK,
ACPI_REGISTER_PM1A_CONTROL, PM1AControl);
in:
src/sys/contrib/dev/acpica/hwsleep.c

What's the next step? Should I bother going through the case statements
in hwregs.c to see if I can nail what's doing it, or do you maybe have
some hints?  It's painfully slow rebuilding kernels and testing them
each time.. :)

Eric