Dell Inspiron 8600

Igor Partola ipartola at pisem.net
Sat Dec 11 07:56:25 PST 2004

Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:

>Somehow devd/acpi/whatever doesn't "see" the resume of the laptop, I
>normally just push the "LCD Button" after resumeing. When releasing the
>LCD-Button the display will turn on again. A hack, but a working one :)
>

>>I tried setting an event in devd.conf  for the power button to turn
>>the display back. It did not work and either way I would prefer to use
>>rc.suspend and rc.resume for this kind of a thing since I'd like to
>>ultimately have the power button suspend and resume the machine.
>>

>Run with 'devd -Dd', closely observe which events are triggered when
>hitting suspend and when resumeing (as I said above, for me, devd
>doesn't "see" anything when resuming :(

Running devd -Dd does not show any events. However I believe I found a
better hack for this situation.

Here's a portion of  my devd.conf:
notify 10 {
       match "system"   "ACPI";
       match "subsystem"       "Button";
       match "notify"               "0x01";
       notify   "/etc/rc.sus";
}

I hope I got the syntax right since I'm typing from memory. rc.sus is my
script that calls acpiconf which *does* honor rc.suspend and rc.resume.

rc.sus for now contains

#!/bin/sh
acpiconf -s 1

But I will modify it, unless someone fixes the event situation.

Respect
Igor

P.S.: Don't forget to set hw.acpi.sleep_button_state to NONE