Dell Inspiron 8600

Ulrich Spoerlein q at uni.de
Sat Dec 11 02:17:21 PST 2004

On Sat, 11.12.2004 at 00:29:04 -0500, Igor Partola wrote:
> This does indeed work (just like the lid switch thing), thank you. One
> problem though is that rc.resume is not read in all cases. While
> acpiconf honors it, just hitting the suspend button and resuming
> (hitting the power button) does not turn the lcd back on. Is there a
> way to fix this?

Somehow devd/acpi/whatever doesn't "see" the resume of the laptop, I
normally just push the "LCD Button" after resumeing. When releasing the
LCD-Button the display will turn on again. A hack, but a working one :)

> I tried setting an event in devd.conf  for the power button to turn
> the display back. It did not work and either way I would prefer to use
> rc.suspend and rc.resume for this kind of a thing since I'd like to
> ultimately have the power button suspend and resume the machine.

Run with 'devd -Dd', closely observe which events are triggered when
hitting suspend and when resumeing (as I said above, for me, devd
doesn't "see" anything when resuming :(

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44