Dell Inspiron 8600

Igor Partola ipartola at pisem.net
Fri Dec 10 21:29:04 PST 2004

Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:

> I also added this, which turns off the LCD when pressing suspend:
> notify 10 {
>        match "system"          "ACPI";
>        match "subsystem"       "Button";
>        match "notify"          "0x01";
>        action  "/sbin/sysctl hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active=0";
> };
>
> Turning the LCD back on, when resuming, needs to be done manually. I
> think /etc/rc.{suspend,resume} is a better place for this.

This does indeed work (just like the lid switch thing), thank you. One
problem though is that
rc.resume is not read in all cases. While acpiconf honors it, just
hitting the suspend button and
resuming (hitting the power button) does not turn the lcd back on. Is
there a way to fix this?

I tried setting an event in devd.conf  for the power button to turn the
display back. It did not
work and either way I would prefer to use rc.suspend and rc.resume for
this kind of a thing
since I'd like to ultimately have the power button suspend and resume
the machine.

I appreciate the help.
Respect
Igor