Size limit for ctm pieces

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Fri Jan 11 17:29:15 UTC 2013

On 01/11/13 10:58, Andrew wrote:
>    With a 100Kbyte limit the ctm server can gag for several days when it has to
> send a 1Mbyte or larger delta.
>
>    For example when I requested ctm-src-9 two days ago, 24 hours later I
> received pieces 5 & 6 of 15 pieces, and another day later I've recieved pieces
> 7 & 8 of the 15 pieces.  At this rate it will be another four days before it
> completes src-9.0550 and is able to then proceed to src-9.0551 and the rest in
> the queue
>
>   I would suggest a 3,000,000 byte limit for ctm pieces should be safe and
> would be more realistic today given a mobile phone typically gets 300Kbyte/sec
> these days and most mail servers seem to have been set to 10Mbyte size limits
> (as oppose to the standard 5Mb limit of a few years ago).

The problem was at my end.  The computer should send one piece every
hour.  But I had forgotten to set up this hourly sending for src-9!!!  I
fixed it now, and you should start to receive the pieces hourly.

However - there is also a ctm-src-9-fast mailing list, where you will
get all the pieces at once.

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention, and my apologies for
not setting up src-9 properly.

Stephen