More request for feedback.

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Thu Jan 10 23:33:49 UTC 2013

On 01/10/2013 04:54 PM, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Stephen M wrote
>
>> Based on responses so far, I am assuming that no-one is using
>> ctm-cvs-cur any more.  So I feel safe about deleting this in late
>> February.
>
> Fine.
> ( I was keeping quite, still using CVS & thus ctm-cvs-cur, cos I hadn't got
>   round to trying svn from local repository for replacements for eg
>  	cvs -R export -r RELENG_9_1_0_RELEASE  src
>  	cvs -R export -r RELEASE_9_1_0         ports
>  	cvs -R export -r RELEASE_9_1_0         doc
>  (maybe others were similarly lurking ?) Syntax examples would be welcome.

Actually this is the first time I have seen the "export" command for cvs!

Anyway, this is what I would do.  Suppose my repository is at
/usr/home/stephen/svn.  Then the first time I would run the commands

cd where-I-want-to-put-it
svn co file:///usr/home/stephen/svn/base/release/9.1.0 src
svn co file:///usr/home/stephen/svn/ports/branches/RELENG_9_1_0 ports
svn co file:///usr/home/stephen/svn/doc/release/9.1.0 doc

I suspect that you could use export in place of co (checkout).

Look at http://svn.freebsd.org/ to see what are the allowables after
base, ports or doc.

If you used checkout, then you could update it late with

cd where-I-want-to-put-it
svn up src ports doc

where up is short for update.

>> Is anyone still using ctm-src-4 or ctm-src-5?
>
> I'm still subscribed & scripts in place to update trees on every ctm stream,
> but though I dont have any FreeBSD-5 boxes. I do have >= 3 boxes with FreeBSD-4
> that won't easily upgrade but yes:
>
>> Note that src-5 hasn't changed for three years, and src-4 for even
>> longer.  (The updates on 9/23/2012 were just header changes due to
>> switching from cvs to svn.)
>
> Tracking 4 & 5 is a moot procedure,
> it might as well stop if consuming needed resources.

By far the majority of the resources go to ctm-cvs-cur.  The resources
for src-4 and src-5 are really quite small.  So just for you, I'll keep
it going.  If you ever no longer need src-4 or src-5 email me on this
mailing list (so that if anyone else still wants it I will keep it going).