basic - how to reset ?

George Locke george.locke.physics at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 17:31:52 UTC 2008

Hi again,

So i'm going through the aic7xxx header files and I find this routine:

ahc_reset <http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/lxr/ident?i=ahc_reset>(struct
ahc_softc <http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/lxr/ident?i=ahc_softc> *ahc,
int reinit <http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/lxr/ident?i=reinit>)

(see
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/lxr/source/drivers/scsi/aic7xxx/aic7xxx_core.c#L3992)

this routine seems to be the function i'm looking for, but it takes a
ahc_softc as an argument, which is a struct defined in aic7xxx.h (
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/lxr/source/drivers/scsi/aic7xxx/aic7xxx.h#L915)

this struct is huge and contains about a gagillion data-members.  There has
to be some way that I can create one in some automated way, right?  or do i
have to fill in each blank myself?

thanks,
George