basic - how to reset ?

George Locke george.locke.physics at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 17:16:57 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to track down a problem i'm having talking to this archaic
hardware, and among the tasks is to make sure my scsi controller is
working.  (the archaic hardware is a CAMAC crate, which in this case
communicates to the computer on the scsi bus.)

I'm running current fedora on a brand new dell tower, using an adaptec
aha-2940u pci card.

I would be happy to hear RTFM replies if they are accompanied by a link to
the manual!  haven't found a basic resource explaining the aic7xxx routines,
etc.

So all i want to do is write a little C++ (or other) program that i can run
to just reset the scsi bus to see if the driver is working properly.

thanks!