aic7xxx version 6.2.36 target reset with AHA-29160

Byron Johnson bjohnson at kottmann.com
Mon Oct 4 12:50:42 PDT 2004

Marcus,

I also have the same configuration and have been working on this issue for
3+ weeks. We use NEOSERIES 4000, HP LTO-1 Ultrium 230 drives, SUSE 9 ES with
a  29160 controller.

I have tried a 2940UW controller and various hardware troubleshooting. I too
do not believe it's the hardware and believe it's with the AIC7xxx driver.

Someone had mentioned about the timeout being to short for the ST driver to
wait for the library to return status.

I use BackBone Netvault software and they have been un-helpful in resolving
anything. I also had problems on RedHat 3 ES.

I get SCSI timeout's or channel errors.

Still working on a resolve and my next attempt will be contacting ADAPTEC.

Let me know if you learn anything new.

Best regards,

Byron Johnson

Sr. Network Engineer for JATDI