aic79xx abort during boot

David Cross david.cross at msfc.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 2 15:57:12 PDT 2003

"Justin T. Gibbs" wrote:

> > I went to http://people.freebsd.org/~gibbs/linux/DUD/aic79xx and
> > downloaded aic79xx-1.3.10-i686-rh90.img.gz and copied it to diskette.  I
> > was able to now at least install the RH9.0, but when the install
> > completed, and the system restarted, it again halted with the above
> > series of messages during boot.  Seeking a nudge in the right direction
> > here.
>
> I'll need a bit more information.
>
> 1) What kind of system is this (e.g. Intel SE7501WV2).  If you
>    don't know the motherboard, the chipset and the PCI-X hub type
>    are the most important bits of information for me to have

Intel E7505 server chipset

> 2) What other devices are on the same PCI/PCI-X bus.

There are (2) Ultra 320 Internal IBM SCSI drives.  There is also an external
Raid which is currently powered off while we try to resolve this issue.  The
raid worked with the initial RH8.0 install, but we could not see multiple
luns.  This was another reason we were trying to rebuild the kernel from
source.

> 3) What devices are you using and with what firmware revision.

Not quite certain of which other devices and the corresponding firmware
revisions you are referring to here.  Hopefully the above info is a step in
the right direction though. --Thanks