aic79xx abort during boot

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Wed Jul 2 15:04:29 PDT 2003

> I went to http://people.freebsd.org/~gibbs/linux/DUD/aic79xx and
> downloaded aic79xx-1.3.10-i686-rh90.img.gz and copied it to diskette.  I
> was able to now at least install the RH9.0, but when the install
> completed, and the system restarted, it again halted with the above
> series of messages during boot.  Seeking a nudge in the right direction
> here.

I'll need a bit more information.

1) What kind of system is this (e.g. Intel SE7501WV2).  If you
   don't know the motherboard, the chipset and the PCI-X hub type
   are the most important bits of information for me to have

2) What other devices are on the same PCI/PCI-X bus.

3) What devices are you using and with what firmware revision.

--
Justin