aic7xxx on floppy disk

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Wed Dec 19 05:00:54 PST 2001

Which card are you running? Have you got a recent firmware? The newer
driver (default in RH and Mandrake) needs a firmware update on the card.
You can still use the old driver, I think by hitting F1, choosing
expert, and then using "modprobe aic7xxx_old" at some point. I am not
totally sure of this, since I took the approach of updating the firmware.

If you are using Mandrake 8.1, you may also want to try booting from the
2nd CD, which has 3 alternate images to boot from.

Here is a link to a discussion of this for Mandrake 8.1
http://mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=788&lang=en

Regards,
Buchan

Dr. Guilherme Regis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have information about how
> to create an aic7xxx driver on a floppy disk?
> I need it because RHL7.2's and Mandrake's
> aic7xxx drivers fail during the install. They
> hang after the message: Loading aic7xxx...
> I did not try FreeBSD because the only version
> I have is 4.1, too old.
> My system is: PII-266, Apa-1480, external HD
> SCSI Seagte Cheetah 36GB.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>   luiz Guilherme Regis Emediato
>

> To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at FreeBSD.org
> with "unsubscribe aic7xxx" in the body of the message

Cellphone * Work       +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 808 2497 ext 202