39160 lockups

James O'Kane jokane at flipdog.com
Wed Oct 18 10:01:24 PDT 2000

I've been having someone what random locks up that I think are related to the 39160 card I have in the machine. The only thing on that is on that chain is a HP SureStore 2/20 with one drive. The machine will be fine for days, but it seems when I access the drive then leave the drive alone for several hours, and then access the drive again, the whole machine locks up. I was using 5.1.28 (default for RH6.2), but I just upgraded to .31 from Doug's website. I'm hoping this will fix things, but I'd like to know if this was a known problem? Could the driver be interacting with one of the other chains in the system? I have a megaraid card and a ncr53c8xx in the machine.
Any help or advice would be helpful.
thanks
-james