WG: Mo M2513A Asyn

Metod Kozelj metod.kozelj at rzs-hm.si
Sun Oct 15 12:40:35 PDT 2000

Hello,

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Michael Renz wrote:

> the controller initialize the mo at boot time ass a asyn drive.
>
> linux want to activate the mo-drive at 20 MByte Sync Mode, and gets so
> bus-timeouts !!

As I understand, the aic7xxx driver tries to negotiate speeds up to the
one set in SCSI BIOS. So, if at the boot time, you enter SCSI BIOS and
limit the speed for MO drive to some value, driver will obey that.

Regards,
  Metod

Metod Kozelj

mailto:Metod.Kozelj at rzs-hm.si            /\  Ne posiljajte mi smeti ker grizem!