SCSI Problems

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Fri May 26 15:27:38 PDT 2000

Cristian Deacu wrote:

> Drew Bloechl wrote:
> >
> > I get the exact same problem.  SuperMicro PIIIDME (uses Intel 840
> > chipset), Adaptec 29160 (64-bit), with a Seagate Cheetah 36G U160 10K
> > RPM drive on the LVD segment.  On the SE segment is a Plextor PX-40TS
> > and a Yamaha CDRW (I forget the exact model number.)
> >
> > Kernel is 2.2.15 patched up to 5.1.29.
>
> Do you also receive "news kernel: unexpected IRQ vector 217 on CPU#0!" ?

I don't know if the other person is seeing this, but in your case this is a
clear indicator of a non-aic7xxx related problem with IRQ delivery (and is
actually likely a hardware IOAPIC issue).

--

 Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>  http://people.redhat.com/dledford
      Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before