SCSI Problems

Drew Bloechl drew at cesspool.net
Tue May 23 09:00:33 PDT 2000

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 11:16:08AM +0200, Cristian Deacu wrote:
> Do you also receive "news kernel: unexpected IRQ vector 217 on CPU#0!" ?
> So it seems that this configuration is getting problems on Linux. Before
> having SCSI I had 4 IDE on 2 Promise PCI Ultra ATA66 controllers and I
> also had problems.

Yeah, same problem.  I contacted SuperMicro when Intel did the recall of
the i820 boards, and they said the i840 was unaffected by it.  I don't
know if this is a manifestation of this or simply a weird SCSI thing.
Can anyone explain the "unexpected IRQ vector" message?

--
Drew Bloechl
drew at cesspool.net
PGP key ID: 33855516