DEVCONFIG?

Mads Bondo Dydensborg madsdyd at challenge.dk
Wed May 17 06:16:19 PDT 2000

Hi there.

Could anyone point me to information about the

devconfig |= 0x80000040;

statement in the aic7xxx source? I am very curious as to what it does,
since I get really weird results from a 7871 that I have just after the
devconfig value has been written back to the 0x40 offset in the PCI
configuration space:

 Bus  0, device  12, function  0:
    Non-VGA device: Unknown vendor Unknown device (rev 1).
      Vendor id=7871. Device id=490.
      Confused devsel.IRQ 11.  Master Capable.  No bursts.  Min Gnt=1.Max
Lat=11.
      I/O at 0xb000 [0xb001].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xcd000000 [0xcd000000].

As you may notice, the device/vendor int has been byteswapped: it is
0x71789004 (i386) where it should be 0x04907871.

I can not find any information about the devconfig value in the source.
If I have overlooked it, please direct me to the information.

Any information or hints will be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Mads

Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd at challenge.dk
I survived the Microsoft marketing holocaust and all I got was this lousy
Windows 2000 t-shirt.

                               - intensity at nerdnet.com