Serious Trouble with AHA-2940 and new Driver

Markus Egle egle at ai-lab.fh-furtwangen.de
Tue Jul 6 07:12:52 PDT 1999

On 6 Jul 1999, Harald Grabow wrote:

> The Problem persists with all Kernel versions *HIGHER* 2.0.34 and the AHA-
> 2940 FAST-SCSI Adapter w/ NVRAM, BIOS Version 1.21 (the only one I have)

To me it is (was) very similar
( http://users.ai-lab.fh-furtwangen.de/~egle/kernel_probs.html )

Try the newest kernel 2.2.10 it should work without the
patch from http://www.redhat.com/~dledford/aic7xxx.html but if there is still
trouble, try this patch.

/*
Overclocking shouldn't be interesting for developer, but it seems that 2.0.34
still is more stable. My system is running for half an year without any
problems at 83MHz FSB  (41,5 MHz for the AIC7895) and 2.0.34

Since 2.2.7 I've got an running kernel at 66 and 75 MHz FSB.
But I can still reproduce errors with 66MHz FSB (correct 33MHz for AIC7895)
and 2.2.10
83 MHz FSB isn't working with any 2.2.x and the curiosity is, that with 75 MHz
FSB I've still got no errors !
So it seems to me that there is still a timing problem.
*/

Don't forget to disable the pci-brigde optimization (experimental) and set the
scsi-termination in the BIOS of the controller by hand (no automatic-termination)

regards,
--
Markus Egle