7895 and 2.0.35 aic7xxx

Erik Elmgren erik.elmgren at swipnet.se
Sun Sep 6 10:32:55 PDT 1998

Quoting Ashley Drees (ash at trellick.gn.apc.org):
> I am a new user to this list as I am having problems with and ASUS/P2 with
> AIC 7890 embedded controller. I have redhat 5.1 and kernel 2.0.35.
>
> In reading the docs for the kernel, I see that the 7895 is supported but
> the 7890 is not mentioned. I guess that means that with this version of
> the kernel I will not be able to use the onboard controller.
>
> I have got a running system by adding a BusLogic card to access the
> devices, but need to free up the buslogic card as soon as I can.
>
> Has anyone any news or views?

There is a beta(?) that supports the aic7890, get it from:

ftp://ftp.dialnet.net/pub/linux/aic7xxx/testing/

Some persons, myself included, have problems cold-booting linux
with it. We have to boot win nt first <shudder>, ant then warm-boot
linux.

Regards, Erik

--

UNIX _is_ user-friendly. It's just not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.