7895 and 2.0.35 aic7xxx

Ashley Drees ash at trellick.gn.apc.org
Sun Sep 6 10:17:24 PDT 1998

I am a new user to this list as I am having problems with and ASUS/P2 with
AIC 7890 embedded controller. I have redhat 5.1 and kernel 2.0.35.

In reading the docs for the kernel, I see that the 7895 is supported but
the 7890 is not mentioned. I guess that means that with this version of
the kernel I will not be able to use the onboard controller.

I have got a running system by adding a BusLogic card to access the
devices, but need to free up the buslogic card as soon as I can.

Has anyone any news or views?

Thanks in advance.