JAZ drives on Adaptec 2940s

Chris Griffin boozer at vanadium.rollins.edu
Thu Mar 12 16:39:43 PST 1998

I have one and it works fine.  If I were you though I would get something
else.  If you have an immediate need, go for the syquest 1.5 GB drive.
Much cheaper than the Jaz for both media and drive, plus you get 1.5GB.  I
am waiting for the ORB.  2.16GB per cartridge, ~$200 for the drive (ultra
scsi available), and ~$30 for the media!!  Check out
http://www.castlewoodsystems.com/castlewood/web/index.htm