Ultra-2 etc.

Blake ccblake at speedy.atc.missouri.edu
Mon Jun 29 10:08:49 PDT 1998

>Neil said
>Or must they have an LVD controller ?

Low voltage differential (LVD), takes a differential controller. Adaptec
makes one. I have seen converters that you put inline on the scsi bus so
you can run single ended scsi on one side and differential on the other
side. www.onsale.com has had these converters regularly for $159.00.
    CSC also sells differential controllers based on ncr56c8xxx. I think
thats the right numbers. That chip set is suppose to be fairly well
supported in linux. I don't have a URL for them, I'm at work but at home
I do and will post it in reesponce to this thread.

Blake C. Lewis                          |       ccblake at atc.missouri.edu
Programming/Analysis                    |       office: 573-882-8743
Advance Technology Center               |       fax:    573-884-6700
University of Missouri                  |       home:   573-474-5196
S303 Memorial Union, Columbia, MO 65212 |       http://www.atc.missouri.edu