Which driver update to use?

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Thu Jun 11 00:55:56 PDT 1998

Ken Garlock wrote:

> Since Redhat 5.1 is shipping (got mine by FedEx last Friday), it might be
> good to publish a set of steps to move from the Redhat base distribution to
> the latest driver level.
>
> Doug Ledford,  What do you recommend?

Whenever you change the kernel on a RedHat system, you should use the
incremental patches found in the 2.0.33 directory of my ftp site if you are
going to start out with the RedHat kernel sources.  If you start with a
clean kernel tree, then grab the patch that applies to the kernel you
grabbed (there is a 2.0.34 patch up there now).

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but