2.0.35 and aic7xxx

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Mon Jul 20 11:59:48 PDT 1998

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Patrick W. Bryant wrote:

OK, I have run down where in aic7xxx_detect I am bombing.  Scattering
printk's like the wind, I get all the way through the code that
detects the devices and sorts the list.  When I get to the section
that registers each controller I get:

aic7xxx: Registering controller 0
aic7xxx: Registered/allocated aic7xxx device 0
aic7xxx: Registering controller 1
(scsi0:-1:-1:-1) Data Parity Error ... death

The 0/1 refer to "i" in the NUMBER(sort_list) loop; the 0 device is
presumably the 7860 and is successfully registered, the 7890 is not
registering correctly.

I'll go into the loop to see just which command is making it die
(almost certainly either aic7xxx_alloc() or aic7xxx_register) and may
work down a bit further in whichever one I find.  Hopefully in a short
while I will know exactly what is being executed when the freezeup
occurs and Doug can take it from there...

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu