ARO-1130CA Raid Card Support?

Mike Bilow mikebw at bilow.bilow.uu.ids.net
Wed Dec 23 12:11:44 PST 1998

Doug Ledford wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

 DL> Honestly, I can get my hands on anything I want.  But, I'm
 DL> under NDA on stuff I didn't already know and that Adaptec
 DL> considers confidential.  Until Adaptec decides that the
 DL> interface between the ARO-xxx RAID controllers and the
 DL> official sequencer, and the byte code of that sequencer
 DL> itself, is publically available, I couldn't release any code
 DL> I wrote for the things.

I was not aware that you had an NDA in force with Adaptec.  I don't mean to
seem confrontational, but how do you distinguish what you can release under an
open source license and whether any particular item of knowledge can be used?
Your contributions have been extremely valuable, but I would be concerned that
your situation could at some point in the future compromise the open source
license of your driver.  Perhaps Justin has some comments that could clarify
this, although as far as I know he has no NDA in force with Adaptec.

-- Mike