does linux detect ASUS p2b-s ?

Alex Farber alex at kawo2.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Aug 31 16:19:08 PDT 1998

Alex Farber wrote:
>>So I just overwrite the vmlinuz with my own kernel and it
> kind of works too - it boots, but does not start the Red Hat install
> program (why?). It boots my old Linux from the IDE-disk.

Hi again,

and sorry if my mail bothers you I hope I am almost done. I guess
the install disk with the replaced vmlinuz was booting the current
installation and not continueing with the Red Hat installation
program, since there was no RAM-disk support in the 2.0.35 kernel,
that I compiled and placed at the disk. So I've recompiled and
no the installation program comes further, boots, and after few
questions asks me for the "supplementary disk". But when I insert
it, I get the error message "mount: not a block device", which
probably means not supported file system (though console shows
"mounting ... ext2 ..." which actually IS in that kernel).

So maybe someone has an idea? Some option, that I am missing
when compiling the kernel?

Greetings
Alex

--