Can anyone help me to find Linux drivers for the AIC7890 & 3860 chips

Hidong Kim emeraldkim at rocketmail.com
Mon Aug 31 10:16:35 PDT 1998

Hi,

You'll need to recompile kernel 2.0.35 or later.  I
don't know if any existing commercial distributions
of Linux come with a kernel that spports the aic7xxx
driver.  You can get the kernel source from
www.kernel.org.  Then you'll need the aic7xxx driver
patch.  You can get the one for kernel 2.0.35 from
ftp.dialnet.net/pub/linux/aic7xxx/testing.  Unpack
the kernel, apply the patch, then recompile the
kernel.  I built aic7xxx into the kernel during my
recompile.  Hope this helps,

Hidong

---"Dr. Andras Solyom" <solyom at eik.bme.hu> wrote:

> We bought  a really expensive PC  for our
department to run Linux on,
> but could not found a distribution that handles the
on-board AIC 7890
> and 3860 UltraWide SCSI chips. Can anyone help me?
I am really
> desparate!
>
> PS. I have sent a mail to this list containing only
the word Help...
> Sorry!
>

> To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at FreeBSD.org
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-aic7xxx" in the body of
the message