ASUS P2B-DS

Michael Kunze mkunze at ivw.de
Fri Aug 28 07:14:23 PDT 1998

Jonas Oberg wrote:

> I know some people claim to have gotten the Linux aic7xxx driver
> working with an ASUS P2B-DS motherboard, however, _I_ can't get it to
> work. Not even a little :) So would someone who has this setup working
> mail me a description of your setup? Right now I have one SCSI CD-ROM
> and one SCSI Tapedrive connected to the narrow interface and one SCSI
> Harddisk connected to the wide interface and the kernel oopses when it
> tries to probe the SCSI chain.

As i see it, there is still a severe Problem with the narrow interface. I
have two CD-ROMs connected to the dedicated internal NI (8-Bit) and it
works great. I have taken the internal-to external SCSI-III adapter from
the Asus accessories and have connected it to the internal 16-Bit SE
connector.

Now, when i try to connect an external DAT tapedrive to the SCSI-III
external connector, the kernel hangs. I suppose it is a termination
problem, even though i HAVE terminated the DAT.

Greetings
Michael