Filesystems got corrupted with pre6 driver!?

Juergen Hammelmann juergen at calculix.mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Aug 25 05:43:56 PDT 1998

Hi, there all!

Now, I got some problems with our system, which has
an ASUS P2B-LS board, one uw-drive, and 2 narrow devices.
After some days, maybe 5, running the root filesystem got
corrupted, so I had to reboot. After that, fortunatelly ;-), all
things were ok! The kernel had the pre6 driver from Doug!
On some bootings ealier I watched, that some filesystems wasn't unmounted
correctly...

Can there be a bug in the pre6 driver? Or is this more a hardware
problem?!

Now I build a new kernel with pre7 driver, then we will see, if
this problem continues.

Many Greetings,	Juergen

	,,,
       /'^'\
      ( o o )
--oOOO--(_)--OOOo----------------------------------------------------------
                www:     http://www.mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de/~hammelje
                EMail:   juergen at calculix.mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de
                         juergen.hammelmann at z.zgs.de
                         Juergen.Hammelmann at studbox.uni-stuttgart.de
                Address: Juergen Hammelmann,
                         Bruehlstr. 6, 71157 Hildrizhausen, Germany
  .oooO         Phone:   + 49-7034-61578
  (   )   Oooo. Fax:	 + 49-7034-652189
          (_/