AHA2790UW has speed-limit problems ?

Matthew Jacob mjacob at feral.com
Fri Aug 14 15:54:26 PDT 1998

Sure- but a single-initiator/single-target system is handled well w/o
even going to Ultra right now. I suppose LVD handles a longer wire,
but with current cabling w/o Ultra you're good for 5 meters or so.

It's the case where you want 10-20 drives per 'initiator' and 4-8
'initiators' per system where it gets very useful.

And I look at from a system integrators point of view- the cost
of a SE/LVD card from adaptec may be the same  to me as a FC card.