Official word on [23]940 problems, and archives

Mark R. Lindsey mark at vielle.datasys.net
Sun Aug 9 05:26:57 PDT 1998

Howdy,

Where are the archives of this list? Also, if there is a FAQ, where is
it?

I'm looking for both of those to try to find this: has there been
`official' word in the Linux community about the quality of the aic7xxx
driver in the last few soi-disant stable kernels? I've had numerous
painful experiences already, and read of many others having similar
trouble.

(I'm just wondering why the driver went south, and trying to find the
best way to use a modern kernel *and* avoid random crashes tickled by
SCSI problems.)

Sorry to re-ask questions that are, no doubt, FAQs. (But, then again,
a question about the FAQ itself is a sort of meta-FAQ.)

Thanks.

---
Mark R. Lindsey, mark at datasys.net
Internet Engineering, DSS Online LLC