2940AU tagged queueing problems

Steve McIntyre stevem at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Aug 7 10:08:38 PDT 1998

Apologies if I'm missing something in the docs, but I can't get tagged
queuing to work on my 2940AU. I've added tag info to my lilo.conf and the
driver has obviously picked these up (see below) but then the actual queue
depth is not changing.

virgo:~$ cat /proc/scsi/aic7xxx/0
Adaptec AIC7xxx driver version: 5.0.19/3.2.4
Compile Options:
  AIC7XXX_RESET_DELAY    : 5
  AIC7XXX_TAGGED_QUEUEING: Adapter Support Enabled
                             Check below to see which
                             devices use tagged queueing
  AIC7XXX_PAGE_ENABLE    : Enabled (This is no longer an option)
  AIC7XXX_PROC_STATS     : Enabled

Adapter Configuration:
           SCSI Adapter: Adaptec AHA-2940A Ultra SCSI host adapter
                           Ultra Narrow Controller
    Programmed I/O Base: fc00
      Adaptec SCSI BIOS: Enabled
                    IRQ: 10
                   SCBs: Active 0, Max Active 2,
                         Allocated 30, HW 3, Page 255
             Interrupts: 3066
      BIOS Control Word: 0x0836
   Adapter Control Word: 0x0055
   Extended Translation: Disabled
Disconnect Enable Flags: 0x00ff
     Ultra Enable Flags: 0x0000
 Tag Queue Enable Flags: 0x0000
Ordered Queue Tag Flags: 0x0000
Default Tag Queue Depth: 8
    Tagged Queue By Device array for aic7xxx host instance 0:
      {16,16,16,16,16,16,16,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255}
    Actual queue depth per device for aic7xxx host instance 0:
      {1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1}

-- Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software smcintyr at allstor-sw.co.uk Also
available from stevem at chiark.greenend.org.uk "Can't keep my eyes from the
circling sky, "Tongue-tied & twisted, Just an earth-bound misfit, I..."
fg