SCSI Disks

TST System Administrator admin at TST-MedHat.com
Fri Dec 26 12:12:52 PST 1997

I have used the 1991 drives with 2940,2940U and 2940UW with no problems.
I have found new 1991 for just over $450.  My experience with refurbished
drives is nill so I cannot comment on that.  I was looking at the idea of
purchasing the refurbished drives for a news server.

I did have one problem with formatting the dirve but that was more due to
kernel code than anything else.  One 1991 drive failure since 1994.
Micropolis being in receivership is a problem but if your willing to
write the drives off if anything happens, then go for it.

Robin

TST Consulting Inc.             |  Voice: 403.529.1560         |
Box 1599 C153                   |   Fax: 403.526.1560          |
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada   |  Office: 877 17 Street SW    |
T1A 7Y5                         |  Email: admin at TST-MedHat.com |